SPOILER !! Week Apr 8

Hmmm, well, I am all for Rafe getting to take care of a little child, since the writers have not allowed him to father a child of his own. Good, he can be guardian of David.
Hmmm, I quickly tried to go thru Salem's characters, and for whatever else anyone is involved in.......I guess I don't find any story rootable, or any character involved in any other story rootable. Maybe too many things going on at one time.
Oh, wait, I do root for Jack, just because I want him to remember his past life, and get rid of Eve. So far, Jack mostly has just let Eve call the shots. That is not like the Jack I remember, and enjoyed so much, and he really has had little dialogue in comparison to her.
I hate all this dragging on and "filler" as the show heads towards May sweeps. Just too long.

I agree that there is not much to be happy about these days. My problem with Jack is that he has done some pretty serious damage and said some awful things to his family, even though, he wasn't in his right mind. Hmmm, seems to be a trend on this show, doesn't it? I am looking forward to seeing Claire get caught for setting the fire, and how they manage to whitewash that, since she wouldn't have done that unless she was not herself, right?

I wonder if his supposed wedding to Eve will send Jack flashing back to a wedding with Jennifer? That would serve Eve right.

I really hate what they've done to Claire. I think they were trying to make her Sami 2.0 but starting the fire to kill her aunt is too much.

I hope the flashbacks Jack gets are from his wedding. At this point any movement on Jack regaining his memory would be appreciated. And while I agree he's done some pretty awful things you do see glimmers of the real Jack. They are just glimmers though.

Spoilers from http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=3945
Ted presses Hope about leaving Rafe for him.
If Hope is foolish enough to leave Rafe for shyster Ted, I propose the following sequence of events.

1. Ted is fired from his D.A. position by Abe and then is disbarred for his many unethical acts.

2. Abe fires Hope for recommending Ted to be D.A.

3. Firing Ted and Hope gives Abe a big boost in the polls, which greatly distresses Eve and Jack.

4. Ted and Hope's first act as a couple is to visit the Salem unemployment office together.

And once again Rafe is going back to being the puppy begging for scraps from the hand that just slapped him. He is and always will be not Hope's first choice. He never deserved to be saddled with her. Now that she has another man interested in her she has another choice. Rafe should investigate the claims Jordan made about the child for the welfare of the child and Hope should understand that. After all, said child has a mother who is so nuts she left that child with a "friend" so she could come kidnap another child, so I'd question the fitness of who she left the child with. By now that person should contact authorities over abandonment.

I'm sure that Jack's "flash from the past" is partially to blame for his going AWOL before the wedding. Not only that, I kind of think that perhaps Jack isn't all that clueless and that he is playing Eve. It just seems that sometimes the look on his face is like he's struggling to keep up the charade. It's also a little unbelievable that he would be sharing a bed with Eve and not having sex. There's definitely a reason for that and Eve is too foolish to think otherwise.

I agree, though I haven't been able to decide if some of those looks are "Jack" being more knowing than he seems to be, or if it's Matt Ashford (Jack) giving us a wink - so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping JJ is the one to stop Tripp and Haley's wedding. He could show up with another wedding license and step in for the groom. But that would be on the romantic side, and it seems that romance is no longer part of the story. :sad:

I will fall asleep for sure over these "storylines". At least I don't have to see Eric and Sarah making cow eyes at each other. Can't they just leave Salem and give us all a very much needed rest?

Last edited by a moderator:
The cow eyes I have been seeing lately have been Ciara and Ben.......and I do mean cow eyes!! Way over the top.

There is just no end to the lengths to which Claire will go, same for Eve.
But I guess Ben just has to get blamed for anything and everything now. I wonder if Claire is ever going to tell the truth about anything.

That’s probably true. The writers are so predictable. They will make the viewers think Ted is a good man, romantic, kind, and good for Hope. Then they will suddenly make Ted do something to harm Hope...either lie to her, kidnap her, assault her, try to kill her....and Rafe will be the one to rescue her from Ted. And Rafe and Hope will be glorified. There is no chance for Ted. Just like there was no chance for Aiden. The writers rather shove Rafe and Hope as a couple down our throats.

Just like there was no chance for Aiden.
They could've done a nice storyline of Aiden and Hope getting married, having Bo show up at the wedding, him eventually dying and Hope dealing with her grief over Bo's death, as a newly married woman. And having Aiden dealing with his new wife grieving the death of her former husband.

Back