SPOILER !! Week August 5

Days' writers are going to the dogs. By the way, do you realize there are no animals on Days. Nicole used to have one. Not one family or single person has a pet. Also you never hear a bird chirp when anyone is outside. Salem is in a big bubble. I guess it is not in the budget to have any animals on set. :huh::fan: Just a lot of crazy people running around in Salem. :whack:

It's expensive to use animals for TV shows or movies, plus, they're unpredictable (even trained animals). With Days having the "one take rule", they don't want to have animals messing up a scene, necessitating multiple takes. Same with babies or little kids.

Pookie (Nicole's dog) died. Back when Vivian had the sarcophagus made to hold Maggie captive, she had Isabella's remains moved to a pet cemetery (telling Victor the elaborate sarcophagus was for Isabella). During the pet cemetery scenes, we saw Nicole at Pookie's grave.

021f3585f8e7e90af010c6c79cc12c80.jpg

Mtnmom, I was a customer of AT&T until a few weeks ago. They stopped carrying our local NBC channel because of a dispute over money, I missed Days for over a month and I can honestly say I didn't miss much. I am going to be busy with a sewing project for my church and I am not worrying about missing a few episodes. I don't care who ends up as Eric's love of the week.

Off Topic............I thought the satellite/cable disputes were with CBS....Did not know also NBC. Once AT&T bought Direct TV, I knew the changes and increases would come next. You can watch at least parts of the show ...clips are on Facebook and Twitter. But I believe NBC has them on it's site as well...full episodes.

I relied on this forum. If the daily recap looked good, I'd watch it online. I switched providers and I can watch on the TV now.

I think it's Andre, too. It's too much to hope it's Tony unless Anna was able to glue those ashes together.

Off Topic............I thought the satellite/cable disputes were with CBS....Did not know also NBC. Once AT&T bought Direct TV, I knew the changes and increases would come next. You can watch at least parts of the show ...clips are on Facebook and Twitter. But I believe NBC has them on it's site as well...full episodes.

My local NBC station hasn't been on DirecTV for a while now. Glad I have Dish. It was why I switched from Direct to Dish years ago. But it can happen with any of them.

Gabi feels guilty for betraying Stefan. [Guilt over a betrayal?? Kate would be shaking her head over such sentimentality.]

Rex lashes out at Eric and Sarah. [The clueless Rexy should instead be engaging in self-flagellation for staying with Sarah despite numerous red flags. Her hot night with Xander should have had him running for the exits. And he was willfully blind to Sarah's too-cozy relationship with the Salem sourpuss, which was another major warning sign. Somebody like Rexy just wasn't suitable for the Salem relationships scene. Like the dinosaurs, he's gone extinct.]

Last edited:
Honestly, I know Eric had been fighting his feelings for a long time but he is a bad brother. He's doing this again? I think it was a little more understandable with Nicole. He's clearly been in love with her forever. At this point it almost seems like he goes after his brothers' girlfriend/wife on purpose. Bleh.

I realize that family members on soaps commonly go after the same love interests but this is just too soon.

I'm pretty sure the real Nicole will come back to Salem (or be found) and he will dump Sarah quicker than he dumped Jennifer.

I'm pretty sure the real Nicole will come back to Salem (or be found) and he will dump Sarah quicker than he dumped Jennifer.
And I can't wait. I do not like Sarah at all, nada, zip, nil.

I'd really love it if Nicole says she doesn't want Eric, after he dumps Miss Piggy. It would be the icing on the cake or just desserts!

I do not like Sarah or Eric at all and want them gone, but not together happily ever after.

Back