SPOILER !! Week Dec 3

Only in Salem could a single man, who has never had children, has a criminal record, is in no way related to the child, and the child does have living relatives, think he could raise a little girl simply because her dying mom asked him to. I have speculations on where I think this storyline is going. :rolleyes:

I found these spoilers boring. May skip the whole week.

Only in Salem could a single man, who has never had children, has a criminal record, is in no way related to the child, and the child does have living relatives, think he could raise a little girl simply because her dying mom asked him to. I have speculations on where I think this storyline is going. :rolleyes:
This excellently sums up the problem with the Eric-Holly story line. Eric simply has no standing to seek custody. Nicole had no will that named a guardian, and Eric can't get custody simply because Maggie says he should. She too has no standing. She's just the "egg-mommy" grandparent. Anywhere but Salem, it would be up to the courts to appoint a guardian for an orphan like Holly. Of course, given the nature of the Salem courts (e.g., Judge Rose Duncan and Judge Damon Thorpe), poor Holly could end up with anyone, including the Horton Cabin raccoons (cute critters), Sami (why not one more child?), Taylor "Tayhag" Walker (the aunt), Chloe (who carried her), or Roman (what da hell).

Did anyone else see the Instagram story of the actress who plays Claire? Are we allowed to discuss spoilers here that could be 4-6 months away?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all spoilers can be discussed in the Crystal Ball forum.

SadAboutDays, that usually requires a new thread, but they are allowed.

Edited to add: If the post is a line, it's probably OK here, if qualified as "this is a long way off...". Otherwise some readers will get confused and think it's happening this week.

If it's lots of info, I personally would start a new thread to keep things on topic. :)

Last edited:
I though Ali Sweeney (Sami) made a slew of Mystery & Movie films for Hallmark....

Since May 2014 which is when she initially left Days, she has done 5 Murder She Baked movies, 2 Hallmark movies (Irresistible Blueberry Farm and the one with the radio deejay) and Christmas at Holly Lodge. I think she may have also briefly hosted a kids cooking competition for an episode or two.

Alison Sweeney (Sami) has a new Hallmark series, The Chronicle Mysteries, that will debut in 2019. She is the star and the executive producer. I know that a few years ago she was also working as a director at General Hospital.

She was star and executive producer of Murder She Baked too. Most Hallmark actors also serve as Executive Producer on their own films. I guess it's how Hallmark is able to churn out so many movies so quickly. I believe she has already filmed 2 or 3 of the Chronicle movies so it will be interesting to see how ratings are. I'm still curious why Murder She Baked is no longer happening. There are a few other new mystery series coming in 2019 as well with Danica McKellar and Lacey Chabert.

I have speculations on where I think this storyline is going. :rolleyes:

Do share Nikki!

I could see them having Sarah marry Eric to "help" him get custody (even though she is only related by Maggie's eggs). Then of course we have to have Nicole either crash the wedding or come back right after the wedding and cause an Eric/Sarah/Nicole triangle. Basically the standard Salem wedding. Hopefully they will write something different and new but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks, katmouse. Though I have to wait for the youtube version. Still not available in my country. Oh, well...

I posted the preview from the official Days YouTube site. Are you not able
to see it?

Back