SPOILER !! Week Oct 22

What if Brady adopts Holly. Since he has lost Tate.

Well I'm hoping that Jennifer takes Eric back just so she can dump him like a hot potato when Jack comes back.
What comes around goes around is my saying!

Nicole's brother would have more of a legal right to Holly than just about anyone in Salem. I don't think Brandon would take her, though, unless he moves back to Salem. It's obvious to me that TPTB want Holly in Salem, and that's why they "killed" Nicole. In the real world, that would take quite a while to accomplish, especially if Nicole's body isn't found, and they have to go through the process of declaring her dead.....for now, anyway. I think Nicole will be back the next time the actress wants to work.

She has done a post interview, talking of the story, how she understands the business, and characters who have to be written out. At least (she said) a possibility exists for her return, since all limbs were not torn away, unlike Dr. Jonas. (Obviously a reference to Daniel's heart being transplanted to Brady). She thinks this way gives Eric a chance to really move on.
But she is open to a return - so my thought is, then what? Eric finds love, settles down, maybe marries, and Nicole shows up again? I don't think so. Maybe if Eric leaves Salem, is not there, but even then.
Actually, I am curious about Holly. Being that Days' little ones are mostly invisible, always taking a nap, or at pre school, camp, visiting another relative, etc.

I think this was in reference to who would get to raise Holly......The guess being that since Daniel was the father, probably Maggie. Then someone raised the question as to whether Maggie has been "legally" declared Daniel's mother.......thus they asked if she had adopted him. But since Maggie did not know of his existence until he was already grown up and a doctor...the question....."why adopt a grown man? "

I personally would think there is NO need to adopt, since she is bio mother. Just needs to be noted as such.....and I think everyone in Salem was/is quite aware that Daniel Jonas was Maggie's bio son.

I have to say... because I believe the writers read this board sometimes, and they need to hear this....

As much as I love the actress Arianne Zucker, and love her version of Nicole the best out of all....

I love the character of Nicole enough that I would be so happy with any actress at all that played her, just to keep the character on my screen.
If Arianne wants to leave to spend more time at home or pursue other things- I support her and wish her the best. TPTB, please keep the character on screen. Please find a "new Nicole". yes, I like the idea of Nicole returning with Eric's baby. oh please!

and in regards to the custody of Holly if/when Nicole dies... I whole-heartedly believe she should go to Chloe. Because no one loves Holly as much as Chloe does. Chloe is mother to Holly's only sibling, Parker. Holly and Parker should get to grow up together. I want Daniel to remain Holly's father. I will be very disappointed if the writers decide to just up and change what could be a beautiful story about overcoming hardship into a dna swap.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current writers are going out of their way to offend the viewers. I'm very surprised that they are killing off Nicole. After a lifetime of misery, they kill off the character just when she has a chance at happiness? As I said in an earlier post, that's cold. It's also a tactical mistake to kill off a major character like Nicole. What happens when future writers decide they'd like to have her on-screen? Are they going to concoct some absurd scenario that will have her alive again. That might work with never-really-dead characters like Stefano, Andre, and Dr. Rolf, but not with somebody like Nicole. And as they kill off the popular Nicole, the writers continue to foist the disgusting Abigail-Slimy O. McPerv plot on the viewers, not to mention the tiresome Bonnie and Hattie. Are they trying to encourage the viewers to find something else to do on their weekday afternoons?

all limbs were not torn away, unlike Dr. Jonas. (Obviously a reference to Daniel's heart being transplanted to Brady).
Tony DiMera had an autopsy done by his sister, Dr. Lexi "Master-of-all Specialites" Carver, and he came back. In Salem, there's no such word as "never."

....."why adopt a grown man? "
Legalities.

NO need to adopt, since she is bio mother. Just needs to be noted as such.....
Noted where? If that's the case, and Maggie died before Daniel, all he would have to do is tell TPTB that it was "noted" that Maggie was his mother; therefore, he has a legal claim to her assets. It's not that simple.

For legal reasons, Maggie and/or Daniel should have had this done.

Who is to say they didn't?

Adult adoptions are a thing. (There was a storyline on Dynasty about adopting a presumed-dead child as an adult who had been adopted by another family.) In Salem they aren't needed and there are far greater implausibilities that would need to be addressed if we wanted to make the show realistic.

However, wills can get around the need for most of the things an adult adoption would cover.

Back