SPOILER !! Week of April 25

When Claire first appeared, she was supposed to be around 15, while the other teens were 16. And now, all got aged again so they are graduating soon, even Claire, & have been referred to as being nearly 18, having 18th birthdays, etc.

I agree that it does seem the writers are trying to make Hope appear younger, so her hookup with Rafe goes over better, thus....no scenes with her mid-30s son, granddaughter does not call her gramma, etc. etc.

It took me a long time to figure out "Fro Yo" was frozen yogurt.

Same for me. That's why I made jokes about it in my previous post. I don't know if it's an expression that's frequently employed, but it sounded very... funny to me, and not in a good way. Sometimes, when people talk and use such invented "words", I have difficulty following. And I don't find them useful, and they don't really save time or energy. I mean, how hard is it to say "frozen yogourt" ? :rolleyes:

When Claire first appeared, she was supposed to be around 15, while the other teens were 16. And now, all got aged again so they are graduating soon, even Claire, & have been referred to as being nearly 18, having 18th birthdays, etc.

I agree that it does seem the writers are trying to make Hope appear younger, so her hookup with Rafe goes over better, thus....no scenes with her mid-30s son, granddaughter does not call her gramma, etc. etc.
How old was Will when he died?

Hard to say, since characters no longer have actual ages once they are 18 or graduate from high school. Since he was about 19 or 20 when Arianna was born, I'm guessing he was supposed to be in his early 20's when he died.

I don't mind Rafe and Hope together....eventually, down the road. It's only been not quite 6 months since she married Aiden and on her wedding night her ex-husband comes back from the "dead", sort of speak, and kills him then hooks up with said ex-husband, he dies and now she is moving on to another person? Why do people hook-up so quickly without any mourning or grieving? Let's have some courting...okay I think I just showed my age! :(

I know two women who didn't wait six months after their spouse died before they
started dating again. It's sad to me because I feel they didn't love their spouse
like everyone thought they did

I think everybody is different as to when they are ready to date again (in real life). I've heard that some people were so close to their deceased spouse, that they greatly crave the close companionship of another individual (as in a significant other, not a good friend or relative just to keep them company). While others aren't ready to even think about being with someone else for years.

The woman who used to write the Dear Prudence column for Slate.com talked about when she met her husband. He was a young widower. It's a really touching and interesting story.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2011/05/my_husbands_other_wife.html

But I agree that it seems like Hope went from Aiden, to Bo and now Rafe, at whiplash speed.

I actually like Hope and Rafe together.
Nope, you're not alone. I'd like to see them together until Bo comes back, and she stupidly takes him back...again.

My only problem with them is the very large age difference. It is not just 5 or 6 years, or even 7 or 8.
They are 45 and 52.

The scene was cut, but described in a daily summary.
If it wasn't on screen, or talked about on screen, doesn't that mean it didn't happen?

@KathyLu.......I know the real life ages of the actors portraying Rafe and Hope. But those are not the ages the CHARACTERS are on the show.....much more of an age difference for the characters.

I am completely lost on the Victor/Helena/Deimos age timelines. Talk about mind blowing.

Well Deimos was locked away for 30 years so likely the Helena storyline takes place around 1985 or 1986. Which in a sense according to some of the 80's storyline events there would be some change of writing. But I gathered that this took place before Victor arrived back in Salem discovering he was Bo's father.

Back