SPOILER !! Week of August 1

I just hope that they have a random day player be D.A. (as they did before). Aiden is known to have been working with DiMeras, and has admitted planning to kill Hope, plus has been caught in various lies, and has done worse things than Justin, for sure.

Sure hope there is more to come, because they better have a jim dandy cliffhanger, being that Aug. 5th is the last day before the 2 wk. shutdown for the Olympics

I suspect that Friday Aug. 5 will only have 2-3 spoilers released. I'm honestly very impressed if this does lead to one of Jason47's returns as the cliffhanger because at this point the news would normally be out.

I also saw a tweet from Judie the promo lady saying she was working on a Day of Days style preview for after the Olympics.

Am I the only one here who doesn't mind Rafe and Hope together?

I like both characters individually but after the way they've been written the past few months, I do not like them together. Covering up murder is not a prelude to romance in my book. Plus I don't like it when the show tries to hard to force things on us. The most popular storylines have come about naturally without having to be forced.

I also don't like the fact that Rafe has been dumbed down to be with Hope and they are trying to portray Hope as younger than she is. She has had hardly any scenes with Shawn or Claire since they've been back. And the few they do have make it seem like friends rather than immediate family. You can bet that if Bo were still alive and married to Hope, Claire would have a relationship with her grandparents and acknowledge them as such. Just like she did when she was younger.

The age difference and different stage of life should have been a factor in building this relationship, especially since Rafe has openly discussed wanting children of his own with several past partners. Had Hope and Rafe discussed these things up front instead of portraying Hope as something that she's not, I could have possibly become interested in them as a couple.

I go to regular dance classes with several youthful looking women over age 50. All of them are open about having grown children and in some cases grandchildren. The show really needs to fix this.

I just hate the forced triangle for no reason.
On this we can agree, as I've said in other posts, the badly written triangle just reminds me of other badly written triangles for other couples that I otherwise loved, i.e.: John/Marlena/Roman (played by Josh Taylor) and Rafe/dummbed down Sami/EJ.

As painful as those badly written triangles were, it didn't change how I felt about the couples. I still think this feels like Deana Higley's over done Sami gets taken in by EJ's lies (at one point during the baby swap it was even Nicole in EJ's place) and Rafe has to find out the truth to prove them wrong.

It was hard enough to repeatedly watch with issue ridden Sami, but the scenario isn't suited for Hope at all.

The bad writing didn't stop me from liking those couples and it hasn't stopped me from appreciating this one.

Jennifer seeks help from an unlikely source.
A Ouija board, and Alice refuses to answer. Shows her displeasure by popping the back of her head with a spatula.:sarcasm:

Jens source is a ouija board. She tries to contact Alice for help. Alice doesn't approve of her recent weird behavior (trying to get Thomas). My feeble attempt at a joke

Last edited:
I saw this spoiler in the brand new issue of Soap Opera Digest August 2nd, 2016:

Wednesday August 3
Gabi is attacked by a man with a cryptic message.

Now the way this is worded made me picture a guy in a ski mask who keeps batting Gabi in the head with a rolled-up piece of paper on which the message is written. I mean how else would you "attack" someone with a cryptic message right?

But after I got over the convulsions of laughter the absurdity of this image caused I realized that's probably not what happens. Although you can never tell with this show,

I realized that what it meant was Gabi is attacked by a man who gives her a cryptic message.

My guess is that is that she will be "approached by" or "encounter" this guy I am hoping she's not physically attacked. I will go so far as to say she darn well better not be!!

But the more important question is what could this be about? If I were a betting man I would say its most likely connected to the threats Eduardo has been getting. Or it could it be something else altogether?

As for the message itself I bet it's something like: "The cow laughs at the oppossum. The ostrich sings the blues." I don't think you could get more cryptic then that.

Whatever it is I will be watching with a bag of microwave popcorn.

Last edited:
Troy, you are too much. LOL

I am guessing that since Eduardo has been getting these strange threatening messages, the man who "attacks" Gabi (This could possibly entail grabbing her from behind, hand over her mouth, then whispering that "cryptic" message in her ear so she will tell Papa.)

Me three, red and lori, I also like Rafe and Hope together.

Strangely enough, I also liked Hope and Aiden together. But that was before Bo came back. Bo came back, turns our Aiden was who Aiden was. I'd rather Hope be with Bo, but Bo cannot be. And even Bo likes Rafe better.

So if I had to choose, I'd choose Rafe for Hope.

Back