SPOILER !! Week of August 1

Am I the only one here who doesn't mind Rafe and Hope together?
You are not alone! I think they are just fine. I do appreciate that the writers are taking their time and not immediately forcing them together. And I REALLY hope that Rafe is not going to once again get his heart broken.

Am I the only one here who doesn't mind Rafe and Hope together?
Nope.

I don't understand why some posters are calling this a "forced" relationship. If you don't like it, does that mean it's forced? After all, "forced" is a subjective word in this instance.

Heather, I agree with your post about Rafe's being dumbed down, and that Hope is not acting her age; however, that is done all the time on soaps, and it doesn't bother me.

My only reservation about a Hope/Rafe relationship is that, if Peter Reckel (ex-Bo Brady), decides to grace us with his presence again, TPTB (who don't always make the best decisions) will have Bo ride in on his white horse (for the millionth time), and Rafe will get the poopy end of the stick the way Aiden did. I like Rafe too much for that to happen.

Last edited:
Count me in as one who actually likes Hope and Rafe together. I don't think it's forced, I think it's romantic, it started out as friendship and now has turned into something else. For once, a couple is taking their time to be together. And yes, I also like the fact that Bo gave his blessings to Rafe. I thought it was sweet. I'm much more on board with Hope and Rafe than with all the other "couples" on this show, who just switch partners and hop into bed in the blink of and eye. So, yes to Hope and Rafe. I like them.

I keep telling those of us that like Rafe and Hope that our numbers are not as low as some would prefer to think. It's nice to see people speaking up. And no I'm not happy with the current dumbed down "triangle" either.

Oh gosh this could either make Chloe and Nicole the best of besties or the worst of enemies. Wonder if Deimos has EJ's magic sperm and is making up for all that time in prison. IF the writers write Nicole to become pregnant after hooking up with Deimos let's just say this is definitely a repeat of 2008 with EJ impregnating Sami and Nicole.

Though, writers, I HEAVILY warn you that if you make Nicole lose one more baby the show will lose a lot of viewers. Don't write it if you can't deliver it!

I think Jnta is correct about the number of fans who do like Hope & Rafe together being more than some would think. I see at times, just a few who don't like the couple together, but are very vocal, make comment after comment, (not here) mentioning their hatred as often as they can, indicating they are speaking for "everyone", saying "we all" constantly.....and it really is not fair.

As to this long, slow buildup for them, remember (if you did see it) the movie "When Harry Met Sally"? The couple were mere acquaintances, who over years developed a close "best friends" relationship. Calling each other every day, going shopping, exchanging gossip, each dating or being in relationships with other people. But eventually, ended up realizing each really loved the other.

This is sort of how it seems this Hope/Rafe story has been going.

I see at times, just a few who don't like the couple together, but are very vocal, make comment after comment, (not here) mentioning their hatred as often as they can
Rafe has (inexplicably, in my opinion) a huge cadre of people who appear to hate him for no reason. Regardless of story or with whom he's paired. When I exclude those people from my feeds (on other sites), most people fall into the "like" or "meh" categories on Rafe/Hope. Very few "haters" hate the couple - in my experience - they hate Rafe. (Again, I don't understand it at all.)

To wit, those who love a couple can do the same thing. A gent once posted on twitter - when Paul had been in Salem about 7 months - that Paul/Sonny "had a huge fanbase" and had had said base "for years." Years. So those who love couples can be just as crazy about it. :)

So I've fully prepared myself to be underwhelmed by any "cliffhanger" on Friday. I do sort of look forward to whatever extended promo they put out for the post-Olympics week(s) though.

It's funny, when I logged on I thought "why haven't there been any spoilers listed for week of 8/8 yet?" :rotfl:Oops....gonna be a long two weeks. Although, if I'm being honest a break from the show will be nice as I've been rather disinterested for quite some time. Sigh....

Rafe has (inexplicably, in my opinion) a huge cadre of people who appear to hate him for no reason. Regardless of story or with whom he's paired. When I exclude those people from my feeds (on other sites), most people fall into the "like" or "meh" categories on Rafe/Hope. Very few "haters" hate the couple - in my experience - they hate Rafe. (Again, I don't understand it at all.)

I agree Jason, about what you said. Other posters on other sites do seem to hate Rafe or call him the second Daniel Jonas. While I could not stand Daniel or how he took over the show, I do like Rafe. I like both Rafe and Hope individually or with other pairings, but I just don't care for them together. I admit that I really have a hard time seeing Hope in another pairing outside of Bo. His return last fall and his appearance in her standalone episode clinched it for me that neither Aiden or Rafe can hold a candle to him.

I also don't care for the fact that Rafe is still not much older than Shawn and his parents are more or less in Hope's age range if they weren't trying to make her appear younger than she is. As for Rafe, he made Sami somewhat tolerable for a short while, and I would have liked to see the show try him out with Nicole or Chloe as they are closer to him in age and more likely could provide him with a family which he always wanted. I don't like either of them involved with Deimos.

I am also disappointed about no real cliffhanger this Friday. How does the show expect to entice viewers to come back after the Olympics? I do want to see the promo but normally it is online at first and those who just watch the show do not see it unless they watch NBC primetime over the weekend or maybe during the Olympics. The show's ratings are the worst they have ever been, even worse than last year under Tomlin and Whitesell, and nothing is being done to try to save the show from being cancelled.

There is one site in particular, that became the home base of a couple of groups that wanted Sami with someone else, and thus that site became the base for the "Rafehaters." I kid you not, they have their own website and Twitter account.

Thus there continues to be residue from that movement even after Rafe and Sami ended.

I don't think it's been confirmed that there is no cliffhanger on Friday. That is simply fan speculation based on Judie's tweets. As I said earlier, I don't think she should even respond to fans because it creates situations where fans start making assumptions as facts. She doesn't see the final edited product. There could be a drop-in scene at the end that she doesn't know about.

As for Rafe and Hope, I agree with both Jason and Sparkster. I'll add that when a couple is constantly on screen in contrived scenes that should have involved other characters (I.e. Shawn not rescuing them from the tunnel) as well as social media and regular media constantly posting/responding to fan posts about the couple, then it does appear forced. This is not unlike what they did with Daniel. While I don't think "Rafe is the new Daniel" as some have been stating, at times I do think the Rafe/Hope pairing is being written similar to Daniel when it airs everyday or when others characters are propping them as a couple even when they are not airing. The show should not have to work that hard to get fans behind a pairing.

Back to the spoilers for this week, I'm shocked that there is a photo of Jennifer, JJ, Lucas and Adrienne. Also, how many outfits is Jennifer going to wear in one Salem day???? In those photos, she is in both a black dress and a black shirt/pants. When she brought Hope home, she as wearing the same white dress as the previous day while everyone else was dressed for a new day. BAD BAD editing.

Actually, they began Rafe's "feelings" for Hope long before Bo returned. This is why Bo felt Rafe would easily be the one to keep an eye on Hope, take care of her. He never said a word to her, she was in a romance with Aiden, he was her work partner, period.

What has been written badly is Hope's reactions to Bo's return and death, her immediate resumption of her relationship with Aiden. That all just did not ring true at all for her. And then, when Aiden was "dead", her attention was on Rafe. The writing for Hope was dismal, just not the way the Hope character would have acted.

And to add insult to injury, Aiden is brought back, lying thru his teeth again, Hope buys it all without even the flick of an eyelash, and turns away from Rafe again. And not til she learns the truth, does she make that fast turnaround again. Surprised she has not gotten whiplash yet.

I agree, but i still think the writers were trying to simply recycle the never ending Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle, which was hard enough to watch over and over and over... The Sami role was bad enough to take with dumbed down Sami, putting Hope in that role was a complete insult to the character.

I keep telling those of us that like Rafe and Hope that our numbers are not as low as some would prefer to think. It's nice to see people speaking up. And no I'm not happy with the current dumbed down "triangle" either.

There are more of us that like this pairing than are being counted. This has been done the right way, friends, working partners, concern caring and then romance and love. I hope all the naysayers will see this is being done the right way.

Nicole is already jumping Deimos bones as did Chloe. Belle jumped Philip and on and on. I love this couple. Had to just jump in here because I am slowly weaning myself off of these boards, hate all the negativity and bad words and comments about actors. Time marches on and people have to let go of the couples of the past Just my honest opinion.

Back