SPOILER !! Week of July 18

That is what has bothered me for some time. Yes, I am from "super couple" time......the 80s. But I understood about Doug/Julie, Bo/Hope, Kim/Shane, even though I had missed their beginnings. Yep, bought a book, learned it all.

So yes, of course Belle & Shawn should be a continuation, just as Bo & Hope were from Doug & Julie. O.K. so Jason Cook & Kirsten Storms are not playing the part. So what? I will grant you that initially, Belle, the instant attorney did not set well with me in re: career. Not too happy with Shawn initially forensics which is what they did with Austin some time ago. However, like him as detective. Better than his mom, for sure.

But they are what Days needs to build on now, along with the children of Shane & Kim, Steve & Kayla, Lucas & Sami, Jack & Jen.........etc.

I have some doubts that Vic was making nice with Summer for her to abduct Tate, for what purpose? Maybe to make Brady give up on Theresa? He's been told too many times by Brady, no way. But..

As far as Kate goess, she's like her ex, The Phoenix, she will come out smelling like a rose, AGAIN.

I speculated that her drink was drugged in Friday's daily thread. I'm thinking it was someone with access to her kitchen.

Yes, the SOD article said she was drugged but didn't say how. Brady will be on her side as well.

Spoilers from http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9302043/4/#new

Monday 7/18/16‬
Blanca is haunted by her past.

Tuesday 7/19/16‬
Maggie opens up to Julie.

‪Wednesday 7/20/16‬
Rafe’s love for Hope is tested.

‪Thursday 7/21/16‬
Hope has a medical crisis.

‪Friday 7/22/16‬
Brady and Theresa are at odds with one another.

Monday 7/18/16‬
Blanca is haunted by her past. [Good grief, not again. Can't there be a single new arrival in Salem who doesn't have "a past?"]

Tuesday 7/19/16‬
Maggie opens up to Julie. [Hopefully, it's to admit that there never was an amorous farm boy Noah and her teen pregnancy is a fantasy or false memory.]

‪Wednesday 7/20/16‬
Rafe’s love for Hope is tested. [To echo the comment on Monday's spoiler, for once can't there be a love that has to be "tested" or "retested" or "re-retested?"]

‪Thursday 7/21/16‬
Hope has a medical crisis. [Is this so that the lovelorn Dr. Dingo has something to do? Compared to the omnipresent Dr. McScruffy, the Aussie physician is strictly a bit-player.]

‪Friday 7/22/16‬
Brady and Theresa are at odds with one another. [Not again? More been there, done that. After the not-so-golden couple's fireworks over Jeannie T. bopping the coma-prone John over the head with a poker, any subsequent "falling out" is strictly small change.]

It seems like more and MORE of the same thing but then again I am 2 weeks behind. I read the summaries but the show hasn't interest me and that's rare.

The only speculation I have is other then Kristen DiMera the only other person who has any benefit to take Tate would be Xander Kiriakis. Could be a way to get revenge on Theresa get her to admit he never tried to rape her. Deimos could pay his way out of jail.

Wednesday, 7/20/16

Rafe's love for Hope is tested.

I'm calling it right now: it's going to be an algebra test I just know it. All I can is I really hope that Rafe's love is better at math then I am. Because if I was in his love's shoes those crazy kids relationship would be sunk before it even had to chance to begin. I can't even begin to tell you how bad I am at math in general, especially algebra!! *shudders at the thought*

Last edited:
I'm happy to see Shawn on at least 2 days and heavily involved his mom's storyline. Maybe we'll get lucky and also see Hope's daughter and granddaughter worried about her. Bonus if one or both is seen interacting with Shawn.

Other than that, I'm not interested in most of this. And why are all 3 Wednesday spoilers so far about Hope and Rafe? NO thank you.

Funny how Steve is involved with the Tate search yet still doesn't know Abby is gone.

Well, as someone that stopped watching again, once I got wind of Hope's pursuit of a relationship with deceptive Aiden, I'm actually encouraged to check back in given the Hope and Rafe spoilers.

I've actually been sensing a return to Dena Higley's consistent ploy of having clueless Sami continually falling for EJ's deceit and lies, over and over again, as a way of keeping an ongoing Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle alive. It was hard enough to sit through when it was Sami, whose character was genuinely clueless in certain areas, but using that ploy with Hope is insulting to both the audience and the character.

I'll just have to wait and see once the Week of July 18th kicks in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday 7/19/16‬
Maggie opens up to Julie. [Hopefully, it's to admit that there never was an amorous farm boy Noah and her teen pregnancy is a fantasy or false memory.]

Fixing the Summer problem wouldn't be hard. Late one night, Maggie is visited by Ghost Mickey and the ghost of her long-lost Aunt Lillian Simmons.

Maggie: Oh, Mickey, Lillian, I'm so upset over the way I've treated, Summer, the baby whom I gave up for adoption at age seventeen!

Aunt Lillian: Oh, Maggie dear, not that again. You did think you were pregnant back then, but you were just having hallucinations after you and that oaf Noah smoked some of the stuff that grew behind the barn.

Maggie: OMG, what a relief! To tell the truth, that Summer person is a real horror.

Ghost Mickey: And Victor isn't all that better. Maggie, darling, how can you stand being married to that snarky, old grouch? Is there anyone in town besides yourself who isn't the target of his one-liners?

Last edited:
This is probably not the thread for this comment so I will :OT: NBC is so gung ho on broadcasting sports, whether Olympics, tennis world cups, even dog shows, so.....makes one wonder about the ratings for the sports shows vs. ratings for Days (or other daytime shows they pre-empt. ) Just don't think they are higher for the sports pre-emption. But, what do I know? The networks vie big time to get the shows.....so they must get enough ad revenue......but what about ratings?? :back:

OFF TOPIC :OT:

I was interested in knowing the answer to your question and did a little research. Found some surprising information at the link below ; couldn't find daytime specific breakdown.

Excerpts: According to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, NBC’s coverage of the 2012 London Summer Olympics drew 219.4 million total viewers. Before the games began, NBC had booked north of $1 billion in ad inventory, atop which it sprinkled another $300 million in affiliate and digital revenue.

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/nbc-has-last-laugh-olympics-strike-gold-142706

Back