SPOILER !! Week Sept 24

Not a lawyer here but I never heard of having to get the sanction of the hospital board to take someone off life support. Marlena developed sepsis and I thought they put her on a ventilator to try to get that under control. Days drags things on so and then there is a rush to take her off life support after what was probably a day and a half. Her daughter thought it had gone on long enough? I always believed the decision is between the family and the doctor. The family has documentation to support their request and the doctor follows that directive. The Board would only be approached if there was a concern after the fact and the family claimed foul.
Unless Seth Burns was a qualified physician, he should have no say in who gets taken off life support. This was just one of the many plot-driven absurdities in the Marlena story line. I won't rant on further about faux lawyer Belle, but another example of soap inanity was Justin "Losing Streak" Kiriakis rolling over and giving up after a local judge ruled against him. After initially losing in this court, Justin should have appealed the decision. In real life, such cases have dragged through the court system while the patient remained alive.

Last edited:
I read this morning that Kayla, John and Roman move Marlena to an unused floor of the hospital to keep her on a ventilator. They bring in Hattie Adams to pretend to be Marlena when she wakes from her coma but being that it's Hattie she goes off script. She wants to marry John, she has words for Sami for shooting her, and has it out with Belle who wanted to take her off of life support.

I think this may be good especially when Hattie strays from being Marlena.

SOD spoiler for week of Sep 17

Eric is stunned when he learns the truth about Nicole. [This is news? The Bad Twin is always stunned about one thing or another.]

Wednesday, September 26th:
Released from jail, Sami is determined to get answers about EJ. [Sami lives in a dream world. Even under torture, the DiMera witch wouldn't give her straight answers about her rapist lover, EJ.]

Thursday, September 27th:
Brady blasts Eve for costing him his child. [Yes, Eve is partially to blame, but Brady made plenty of mistakes too (which is par for the course for Brady).]

Friday, September 28th:
Hope and Rafe make a shocking discovery in the case against Ben. [If the writers cook up something that will justify Hope's illegal efforts to railroad Ben, I'm going to throw something at the TV set.]

Brady blasts Eve for costing him his child.

Honestly, I don't get this at all. Eve did not cost Brady his kid. Victor did. So did Theresa. Eve's mistake was to go ask Victor for help, she did not know what he was going to do. So despite what Brady, and Jennifer, with her Little Miss Perfect attitude, say, Eve is not to blame. Or at least, she should be at the bottom of people to blame.

I am so sick of Alison Sweeney/Sami returning for another "maybe EJ is alive" story. Old, overused, boring. If that is all they can come up with for her - well, just too sad. The woman has children, a grown son who she thought had died, and is not only alive, but finally regained his memories. She should be bringing Lucas up to date on Allie, talking to their grandparents about Sydney & Johnny, explaining how Kristen got hold of her, where she was being held prisoner, how she got away, where her kids are. Catching up on family & friends, but no, the only words she hears are those two initials. Ugh.

I'm over Sami's obsession with EJ. This "is he alive or not" has been dragging out for far too long. I would imagine even the Sami and EJ fans are tired of this at this point. The man raped her, kidnapped her child and made her think she was dead, kidnapped her then husband and switched him with a look a like who also raped her and cheated on her when they were engaged (I know I'm missing a lot more). And we are too believe this is the love of her life? Come on. This is a waste of Allison Sweeney's talent and quite frankly a horrible portrayal of women. I'm not sure why her psychiatrist mother never intervened. Enough with Sami and EJ. While I understand there has always been chemistry between the actors this is a sick sick story of a woman with serious insecurities that needs to be in psychotherapy not a true love story. I don't think the abuse this man has inflicted on this woman should be romantized at all. This is coming from someone who usually takes the "it's just a show" stance.

Maybe a fake wedding for John and "Marlena"?

Yes SOD alluded to this

I am so sick of Alison Sweeney/Sami returning for another "maybe EJ is alive" story. Old, overused, boring. If that is all they can come up with for her - well, just too sad. The woman has children, a grown son who she thought had died, and is not only alive, but finally regained his memories. She should be bringing Lucas up to date on Allie, talking to their grandparents about Sydney & Johnny, explaining how Kristen got hold of her, where she was being held prisoner, how she got away, where her kids are. Catching up on family & friends, but no, the only words she hears are those two initials. Ugh.

Sad part is she still has great chemistry with Rafe. It has been night and day watching him with Sami versus with Hope. And I stand by my claim a while back that Hope should have been jealous of Sami all along. This should have been a source of angst for their entire relationship instead of suddenly coming up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back