SPOILER !! Week September 5

- Laura gives Jennifer some surprising news about Abigail. [She's alive after all -- big surprise. :sarcasm:]

-Deimos and Victor figure out who is Tate’s kidnapper, and set a trap. [Two Kiriakis heads are obviously better than one.]

-Hope becomes rattled when she learns Aiden plans to re-open Stefano’s murder case. [What did you expect him to do, Hope? This is probably the only reason he wanted to take Justin's job.]

-Sonny drags a shaken Chad out of the house to get some air. [What happened? Has the "funk of 40,000 years"* suddenly started spewing from the DiMansion ventilation ducts?
* A line from the old Michael Jackson Thriller video.]

I too agree that Theresa is being made to look like she set up Victor as the kidnapper, she seems way too happy that a plan is working but that is just too perfect, and she is not that good. I am thinking it is one of the 3 guys in prison that did it all. Someone mentioned Clyde as he wanted to give the boy to Ben, but that's the wrong baby. And why set up Victor and Deimos? Tooo confusing? Would batty Ben even know it was not his son?

Which brings us back round to Kate.......who was not happy about being bought out by Nicole & Theresa, with Brady's $$$ help, ticked off at Deimos for dumping her for Nicole, plus ticked off at Victor.

But then Andre certainly has been in cahoots with Kate, and may have thought to "do her a favor"?? Still does not explain the capsule on Vic's living room floor.

Would Kate really do that, as she is still friends with Marlena and Tate is John's grandson and considered Marlena's too? If the truth came out, that friendship would really be over. Now Andre may have done this himself, as I am sure he has something to do with Abigail's disappearance.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting little tidbit from the new issue of Soap Opera Digest:

Chad makes an offer to Gabi.

Now what could this be about? Is it about setting up a play-date between Arianna and Thomas? Thomas still seems a little young for that sort of thing but it would be off-screen so that's neither here nor there.

It's been established that Gabi gives good shoulder massages so is Chad offering her employment as his personal massage therapist?

I guess the possibilities are endless.

On a serious note, I've been curious to see these two interact since Gabi got out of prison and so far they've had one scene at the police station when Marlena and Arianna were kidnapped back in March.

I have to say I'm a bit wary of this. I'm fine with Chad and Gabi restarting their old friendship but that's it. As a supporter of both Team Chad and Abigail and especially Team Gabi and JJ (if soap couples had a championship like the Super Bowl Gabi and JJ would be my pick to go all the way this year) I don't want even the hint of a romance between the two.

So just to be clear: A friendship between Chad and Gabi would be great.A romance absolutely not. I have spoken.

Last edited:
O.K. this is a spoiler thread, and I said in the Kidnapper thread that SOD had spilled the beans. So yes, the Mag has a whole big story about how Kate is the culprit, that at first she denies it, but then admits she was hoping the two men would kill each other.

And with that...Kate has done the last despicable thing that I (just me) will tolerate. She actually used a little baby to try and get her revenge on Victor & Deimos, (yes, she hates Theresa, too). I have absolutely no use for her, the blue chunk of hair, the clunky jewelry, and I absolutely HATE the idea that Chad asks her to come help DiMera Enterprises go legit everywhere.

Kate has attempted murder several times, she has embezzled, manipulated, lied, and slept with nearly every man in Salem. But now she used a tiny child in a plot, and she absolutely had no guarantee that child would be o.k.

As an aside, I also think that originally, the Tatenapper was someone else, and the story was changed for some reason, thus easier to pin it on someone with money, and a rather convoluted "why". Shame on her.

And with that...Kate has done the last despicable thing that I (just me) will tolerate.
:clap:I was mad at the turn they've taken with the character when she was behaving like loon in business with Nicole and Theresa. Then came cozying up to Andre, then the whole relationship with Deimos that lasted 45 seconds and made no sense before she tried to kill him, and now she's in league with Andre again. Didn't she learn ANYTHING from how things ended with Stefano? At least she, at the time, cared about Stefano. There's no reason why she should align herself with Stefano's craziest offspring (and that's a HIGH bar).

She was always selfish, but she was fun and smart. Now, she is vile, and she makes no sense.

I agree, Poirot, that Kate was most likely not the original kidnapper. Had Kate been the original kidnapper then I think she would have been seen more often and interacting with Theresa, Victor, and Deimos during the kidnapping while Tate was still missing. I feel that Josh Griffith probably had a different person in mind and that originally the kidnapping story would have been over before the Olympics, but Dena Higley and Ryan Quan decided to change the original kidnapper and selected Kate, and stretched the story out to conclude once they took over the writing.

I concluded that it was Kate before the tweets on the spoilers from Soap Opera Digest came out and stated my assumptions earlier in this thread, mainly because I knew it had to be someone onscreen with a grudge against both Victor and Deimos. Theresa was a likely suspect, except for the fact that she had not interacted with Deimos and would not have thought to set it up to make him look suspicious if her plan against Victor fell through. Kate wanted both men to pay.

The reveal of the kidnapping has always been set for this week. Josh's storylines have continued, tho yes, I agree, Higley & Quan wanted what could be wrapped up to be done by the end of the time Griffith's name was appearing in the credits. Thus Maggie got her surgery and is home already, Joey & parents are back from CA, Abby was declared dead, Chloe's pregnancy is announced, even Hope is home from the hospital and showing no signs of even having had surgery, while Tate got found, Victor & Deimos blamed.

I am guessing that the tinkering with this week's scripts was mostly to have Kate buy the Martin house, give Philip a check, hook up with Andre; plus have Deimos convinced that baby of Chloe's is his, & have Nicole worm it out of Chloe. (So, Deimos had a one night stand with Chloe...why could she not have one with Philip? They did the friends with benefits once before), & get Theresa working on her wedding.

I too have grown weary with Kate. For a long time I enjoyed watching her, in spite of her selfish, destructive ways. But I used to think there were some limitations on what she would do. For example, I thought she had a kind of tenderness for babies. There was always a faint hope that something good could be found and developed in her, like when she was marrying Roman. But all of that potential seems to have vanished long ago, if it ever even really existed.

Back