Weird Food Mash-Ups

We use peanuts made of cornmeal. They dissolve in water, environmentally friendly, lol, and edible, too!

Great thread topic & comments!

I like eggs any way but without salt. I use pepper in place of salt & not the finely ground kind that sneaks salt into it. Pepper only on hard boiled eggs & corn on the cob. If anything needs the salt kick, I use lemon or other herbs.

Love, love, love peanut butter & banana sandwiches. I also put peanut butter on celery sticks for snacks.

Coca Cola & Milk (have to pour soda 1st or it separates) that I got from Laverne's Pepsi & Milk on Laverne & Shirley. I also do root beer & milk. It tastes like floats after the ice cream melts. That said, I have had to use lactose free milk for a long while now thanks to HIV meds changing body chemistry.

Hot sauce on eggs. Mostly when scrambled.

Mix of mayonnaise (my own made as needed. Don't like store bought) & ketchup to dip fries or onion rings in.

Most dip calamari in maranara sauce. I like it but only do it if red wine vinegar isn't available to sprinkle over it instead. I also only use red wine vinegar (or balsamic) on salads (NO iceberg lettuce! Only greens & mixes of greens) without any oil & never store bought dressing.

This thread makes me see how picky I am about what I eat. lol.

Besides lots of ice to water it down, that's the only way I'll drink soda. I'm forever indebted to Laverne for that idea! I'll even admit to experimenting with others like Grape Nehi & milk. That was just gross tho. lol

I've never heard of vinegar in deviled eggs, but the pickle juice sounds good, lol.
I'm not very fond of mayo or butter, so I cook corn-on-the-cob in salted water with Cajun seasoning, maybe a little butter added in while cooking. I make tomato sandwiches with mustard, but do want mayo on my egg sandwiches, lol. Ketchup and mustard, mixed, with my french fries, maybe with a little Tabasco, lol.

This is funny, how we all have such different tastes. Kt, I thought deviled eggs were always made with vinegar, except for my sister and her dill pickle juice. I use both vinegar and mayo in mine. Squirrel, I've never had pickled eggs. I guess the beet juice makes them colorful.

Sirramix, the Coke with milk sounds interesting. I might have to try that sometime. Good thing I don't mind showing my ignorance. I learn a lot of things on here by asking. What is calamari? I don't know much about Italian foods but I do know what maranara sauce is.

Calamari is actually the Italian word for squid. Can be battered and deep fried, boiled, in seafood soup, in red spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce, etc. My Mom liked it best just boiled and dipped in cocktail sauce. :sick:

I can cook it, but I'm sure not eating it. I always picked it out when it was on my plate.

This is funny, how we all have such different tastes. Kt, I thought deviled eggs were always made with vinegar, except for my sister and her dill pickle juice. I use both vinegar and mayo in mine. Squirrel, I've never had pickled eggs. I guess the beet juice makes them colorful.

Sirramix, the Coke with milk sounds interesting. I might have to try that sometime. Good thing I don't mind showing my ignorance. I learn a lot of things on here by asking. What is calamari? I don't know much about Italian foods but I do know what maranara sauce is.

Add 3/4 shot of vodka, 3/4 of Kahlua, 3parts coke and 1 part whole milk or cream and you've got yourself a tasty paralyzer. :) Just make sure to add the cream at the very end to top it off otherwise your drink will curdle.

Ooooh....ooooh.....oooooh.......I thought of one and it "kind of" of is along the lines of seafood (snicker)......Prairie Oysters is what we call em. Now granted I have only had these a few times growing up helping out ranching friends at their brandings and at a festival held each year at a Calgary pub 3 times but they really were good. Roll them in Shake n Bake, fry em up or season them with your favourite herbs and spices and throw them on the barbie (barbeque). The bar/pub called Buzzards the Testicle Festival every year and I think after branding season, in June or July.

Correction, the Testicle Festival is held during the 10 days of the Calgary Stampede in July. I just googled it.

Personally, I love:

peanut butter and potato chip sandwich - but it must be either plain chips or regular doritos (red bag)
turkey, green apple slices, and white cheddar toasted sandwich

That's about all I can think of, because I'm pretty dang picky! :sick:

Weird things other people like:

french fries dipped in mayo
french fries dipped in a frosty
mayo on soup beans
peanut butter on pancackes
ketchup on eggs
jelly on eggs

I could go on, because I'm pretty dang picky! :)

No offense to anyone, but I'm sorry I asked about the calamari. :sick: :) I would rather eat Degrassi's prairie oysters (we call them mountain oysters), and believe me, though I have handled them and have been around them my whole life, I have never eaten one and don't intend to! My mother used to cook them for any of the crew that wanted to eat them. But mostly they get thrown aside for the dogs.

Back