Days backstage internal investigation/Updated 8/4

Who has the authority to fire Alarr? Is it Corday? Or Peacock execs?

I hope they clean house and get rid of the toxic environment for the Days actors and crew.

Corday ultimately because he owns the show but NBC and Peacock can threaten to cancel or not renew the show if he doesn't fire him. On the Hallmark show When Calls the Heart, they had a similar situation years ago when Lori Loughlin's college scandal was exposed. The network forced the show to fire her immediately. So Peacock has power here. It is astounding that we are on Day 4 of this and no action has been taken. Ari Zucker's (Nicole) statement gives me hope but the least Peacock could have done is issue a statement that they are working on it.

I also find it disgusting that Soap Opera Digest and other soap media have been radio silent. Thank goodness for Deadline sticking with this story.

I would love it if Peacock would buy the show from Ken Corday and get rid of him too. He is complicit in all of this and a huge part of the problem. Bring back Greg Meng in the short term and then decide how to proceed long term.

Just read that Ari Zucker (Nicole) has been let go..........In Salem, Nicole is being sent to London. And Ari Zucker is the one who urged the viewers to hang in there. Did not take long, did it? Gosh, I do wish all the cast would say something, just a few words, not much. Show the solidarity they claim to have.

Who has the authority to fire Alarr? Is it Corday? Or Peacock execs?

I hope they clean house and get rid of the toxic environment for the Days actors and crew.

Networks fire executive producers. I know I've seen stories of ABC and CBS firing executive producers, and sometimes even creators, of shows. But with Corday being both the owner of the show and executive producer (Alarr's boss), I would assume Corday has the ability to make any staffing changes he wants as well. But I think the network (in this case NBC) has to okay anyone who becomes (or exits) as an executive producer of a series.

People with a sense of shame will “resign” or “pursue new ventures” or “focus on their family.” People without a sense of shame force everyone to go through heck so they can cling to slim threads of power for a few more weeks.

Today most Days fans didn't tweet while watching the show. Will it make a difference?

I never tweet or post while watching.....am sure many others don't either. However have plenty to say before and after about the backstage stuff that has come out. And THAT all has been seen and noted by the suits.....what they do about it all, if anything, is still up in the air.

So far, everyone is keeping their lips zipped. Outside of Peter Reckell's (Bo) comment above. I doubt we will hear anything this week.

Back