Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

If nothing else, they need to announce whether the old shows will be available because that rumor is picking up steam. If it’s not true, people will be super-peeved and feel ripped off.

Do they not have PR people? Who’s running this thing?

Personally, wonder why the show was not pitched and taken up by another network.

Funny you mention this, I was actually thinking about this the other day. I think NBC is a bigger problem than the current head writer and his crappy story lines. From what I have read, it's NBC that is the one that calls the shots not Corday who owns the show (which I don't understand?!). I read an article last year which had an interview with the head writer, in it he stated that he has to send in his scripts to NBC for approval!? If true than that shows how much power NBC has over this show and influence over story lines & cast.

They have run the show into the ground in my opinion and if I were Corday I would look at moving it somewhere else. For at least a decade now they keep giving Days these pathetic 1 year renewals where every year we go through the same song and dance of 'will it be renewed' or 'will it be cancelled'.

I think they should move it to FOX, they don't have any soaps and don't air much of anything during the day. I am not sure if they would be interested but with Days you get a show with a rich history and built in fanbase (a very loyal fan base I might add as look at how many are still watching these days even though its not very good).

Also, FOX operates a free streaming service (TUBI) so even if they were to put it on there it would not cost people anything to watch unlike Peacock where you have to shell out 5 bucks a month to see the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I bit the bullet and signed up for to Peacock for $5 a month. There are a few other things on there besides Days that I like. Since I don't get out of the house much, due to my health issues ,tv is about all I can enjoy and 5 bucks is cheap entertainment.
the look of love - glad you are able to do this.

I MIGHT return to Premium, still considering it, don't want to lose Days:

Peacock Premium costs $4.99/month. You can also sign up for an annual membership, which costs $49.99/year (a 17% savings compared to the monthly plan).

Might go for the year so don't have another monthly bill.

Ran across this statement, supposedly made when the announcement broke
"The network announced that the show would be moving to the streaming platform this coming fall and a new show will air in the time slot that "Days of Our Lives" previously held. The replacement will be "NBC News Daily" which will be anchored by Kate Snow, Aaron Gilchrist, Vicky Nguyen and Morgan Radford."

I hate hearing about this, but it's kind of expected. For YEARS they've been cutting corners to include hiring lesser and lesser writers to keep the show on the air. It's a simple fact that the audiences for ALL soaps are dwindling pretty fast. Moving the show to a paid service like Peacock is pretty much a last-ditch effort to save the show by helping it pay for itself. In essence, it's down to "buying" its own air time because advertisers aren't really enough to pay for the show any more.

Sad, but this sounds like the death knell for Days. You might get another season. Maybe two, but that's it unless Peacock (the NBC subscription channel, think "CNN+") is able to somehow surprisingly turn it around, but it can't do that without investing money into the writing and other budgets, so I just can't see that happening.

When Days began, they were not saving episodes, did not have the ability. And when they did tape or save......they taped over and over on same tape.

Am guessing that if they will show some older shows, it will probably be 80s & after. Cast members from back then who are still around will be 30-40 years younger.

But, I won't be able to see any of it, unless Days makes some sort of arrangements for those without streaming ability.

Yes, another great point Poirot, most shows from the 1960s, daytime shows especially, simply don't exist anymore. This was the case for the ABC soaps* except One Life to Live, which had all its episodes preserved until a fire destroyed them, and they lost much of them.

If they run Days back to the early 1980s, they might get a few subscribers. But they can't come out with those details quickly enough, it seems.

Edited to add: *The long-running ones, Dark Shadows being remarkable in that 1224 of its 1225 episodes survived to be syndicated.

Last edited:
While it is true that many soaps did not save episodes from the 1960s/1970s, (Proctor and Gamble regularly taped over their old episodes so there is not a complete set for Another World). I believe I have heard that Days has saved most of their episodes so they have a fairly complete set of all episodes aired. The thing would be the type of film that was used in that era and whether it has survived over time.

The fact that they don't have a prepared answer just goes to show that there's no plan. I'll bet they're scrambling to figure out how to meet this sudden expectation because they realize that this could be the most attractive thing they have since the current show is so annoying. If they get it together, they should force the current writing staff to watch them.

The silence from NBC itself, and the suits at Days is deafening, and does lead one to believe the news was announced way before they intended it to be known. Plus it does seem that many who should have been aware, are not. I read a statement from Scott McKinsey a director at Days, which said really nothing more that what already was said by NBC in their announcement. I do get the impression the news was planned to be released closer to the Sept. 12th date, so that new subscriptions to Peacock would be credited to Days watchers or some stupid reasoning like that.

The fact remains that there is no concern for those who won't be able to have streaming, those who just cannot afford any more. Prices have soared for everything, People already doing without as they try to juggle their needs on their income which has not changed. (DISH just raised my bill last month,). It is a shame they did not make some sort of deal for broadcast TV whereby they air the shows on weekends, wee hours, another network, etc. But it really looks more and more like all were blindsided by NBC's decision.

This is older news, which I don't recall hearing about before, but was anyone aware of this from March 10:

NBCUniversal announced last week that it will stop providing current-season shows to Hulu's on-demand service later this year. Instead, shows such as Saturday Night Live, The Voice, and Chicago Fire will move over to NBC's own Peacock streaming service.

Most of the time, I watch shows that I don't see in real time On Demand from my cable provider on my television. If the show is no longer available in that format, then I watch on Hulu, if they carry the show. Now it looks like Peacock is going to be very popular. I am pretty sure I will return to the monthly Premium plan vs yearly, in case I do want to cancel; however, canceling would mean missing Days.

Has there been NO outcry from the cast? Maybe I missed it? I certainly don't blame them, but it would be nice to hear support from them. I apologize if they did publicly announce their outrage, and I just didn't know.

As we have said before, at least offer Days on the free plan, which won't help those who can't stream but will, at least, be less of a financial burden to those who can stream. No one is listening to us, the loyal fan base.

Has there been NO outcry from the cast? Maybe I missed it? I certainly don't blame them, but it would be nice to hear support from them. I apologize if they did publicly announce their outrage, and I just didn't know.
There has not been one single peep from the cast, crew, Re-Ron or management. Not even a "Rah rah rah, this is a great move!" kind of b/s statement.

As I had posted earlier. The anchors of my local NBC station in Ohio were outraged when they had to do the story about the move. The station and program managers were caught completely off guard, and got the word from the NBC honchos about an hour before it hit the fan that day.

Since then, they've said that they will not be carrying the extra hour of NBC news or programming from the network. They're looking for another syndicated show to fill the 1:00 spot on the schedule.

Back