Days preview 8-5-16

If anyone is on twitter, if you look up the #Orpheus1986 and #Stockholm1986 hashtags, there are a lot of great clips with Orpheus. Most of them are John/Marlena related but a good way to see the history if you watch them in order. I've been doing it the past couple days.

Thanks for the info, Heather.

Maybe I can find things on the internet knowing the date.

Orpheus was some type of operative - and Roman Brady (the original) shot his wife in front of him (she died). That started the revenge path that Orpheus went down. Orpheus also had some ties with Victor -something to do with money or bonds. He also had 2 children, that Marlena 'mothered' while she was his captive on the island (after the house exploded, before Roman/John went to rescue her and her plane blew up).

Roman/John was also semi-involved with Orpheus's sister (played by John Ritters wife, Amy Yasbeck. She was also in Robin Hood Men in Tights). After Marlena was thought to have died in the house explosion, Olivia Reed (Amy Yasbeck) showed up in Salem and made friends with Roman/John.

Later, her connection to Orpheus surfaced and she helped Roman/John find the island where Marlena was being held, but her plane was taking off and crashed when he arrived.

Very excited to see him back, and hoping that the new writers aren't quite as dark and depressing as the previous group. Orpheus was one mean man, but there was also a class about him, and he wasn't as inherently evil as most of the villains these days.

My guess is...Victor is really not guilty..

it looked to me like there was a cop behind John when Brady announced they were coming to arrest Victor

Theresa & Brady would not be getting married until Tate would be found,.........so am thinking that wedding will be a few weeks later perhaps. ..And what is a Salem wedding without mayhem. (Brady's last one had an explosion in the tunnels that had several Salemites injured, and the bride dead)

Wonder what Clyde wants with Kate.....after all, his son murdered her grandson. I can't recall that she stole anything from him, or helped in his arrest. After all, wasn't extradited to FL on a warrant there??
The snarky old king of one-liners can't be guilty. Such a classic Days character just can't go to prison and fade away. And what would Victor do in prison -- consistently beat Dr. Baker at cards, insult Ian McAllister, or commiserate with Gus over what a rotter Vivian is? And who would give him his home-baked cookies and warm milk?

If there was a cop present when Victor was arrested, why would he let private citizens, Brady and John, make the arrest? Typical Salem P.D. One would think that any cop would love to be able to brag, "Hey, I just arrested Victor Kiriakis and got to read him his rights?"

If Jeannie T. survives being engaged to Brady it will be quite a feat. All his previous fiancees came to an untimely end. As a fiance, he's been a sort of Typhoid Mary.

Thanks to all those who explained who Orpheus (Milo Harp) is. He sounds like a typical utterly deranged '90s Days villain. Why would cold, calculating Clyde join forces with the likes of him? As for why the pride of Poplar Bluff would want to shoot Kate, maybe he's been reading the posts on this board, which have longed for Kate to suffer a bad end.

What was Xander doing in a prison van? Nothing has been said of him since his arrest on phony charges made by Jeannie T. Are they now having secret trials in Salem?

Aiden is living up to expectations -- corrupt and using his office for personal purposes. Who told him Hope killed the Phoenix -- Andre? Now there's a worthless witness. And if he has real evidence, why not get revenge on Hope and boost his reputation by immediately arresting her? Imagine the headlines: "D.A. JENNINGS BUSTS ALLEGED KILLER COP; STRIKES A BLOW AGAINST SALEM P.D. CRONYISM, NEPOTISM, AND COVER-UPS!"

Pausing on the news story about the escape of the terrible trio revealed that their prison van was involved in an accident. This sounds too much like the escape of Dr. Richard KImble in The Fugitive. Why not have them pull off an ingenious escape plan like the convicts on the cable show, I Almost Got Away with It?

Finally, enough already with the medical crises. Everyone knows that Kayla will survive -- perhaps after an operation by Dr. Dingo whose hands are being guided by the spirit of Dr. McScruffy?

The thing about arresting Hope, is that although many in Salem know or suspect she did it, there is someone that has confessed to Stefano's murder and is in jail. That's why Andre got out. Why would a DA want to try Hope when there is no concrete evidence against her, while he has someone in jail that has confessed?

JS, this is very likely and would be yet another example of muddled Salem thinking. If Aiden forces Hope to reconnect with him, what has he gained? Sure he'd get some kind of cheap revenge against Rafe, but now he'd be saddled with a woman who absolutely loathes him and has a demonstrated capacity to go into an uncontrollable range and shoot the man she hates. She's also shown that when on drugs, she's capable of trying to turn the object of her hatred into a human torch. And what would be more likely to get Hope back on pills than being forced to consort with slimy Aiden?
The thing about arresting Hope, is that although many in Salem know or suspect she did it, there is someone that has confessed to Stefano's murder and is in jail. That's why Andre got out. Why would a DA want to try Hope when there is no concrete evidence against her, while he has someone in jail that has confessed?
Aiden could only press Roman to arrest Hope if he had some real evidence (not Andre's statements) against her. Of course, this is highly unlikely because the Salem P.D.'s hopelessly inept forensics unit can't even tell day from night.

It was just said that Orpheus was on a path of revenge for the death of his wife, which technically would've happened under Wayne Northrop's Roman. But this all happened off-screen.

There are flashback scenes with Drake Hogestyn (Roman/John) and Orpheus where they show his wife being shot. But I'm guessing these are supposed to be newly created since they occurred 7 years prior. Funny how Orpheus' kids looked younger than 7 though.

Roman/John was also semi-involved with Orpheus's sister (played by John Ritters wife, Amy Yasbeck. She was also in Robin Hood Men in Tights).

Olivia was Orpheus' sister-in-law not his sister. She was his wife's sister.

I just watched all these scenes over the weekend. But thanks to all for the history. Now I just need to understand why Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla were also involved. It seems like there were 2 iterations of Stockholm. It also seems like the ISA may not have been that clean back in 1986.

Oh, wow. Let's see. First......Brady & John only say they have come to arrest Victor. The cop is there to do the actual arresting. (Besides, citizens' arrests are legal, aren't they?)

Heck, talk about Chicago, Cook County, corruption! Salem has it in spades. All the coverups. Roman is Police Commander, knows Hope killed Stefano, and does nothing, as Stefano deserved all he got. (and I do agree, he got away with all his horrible crimes much too often, besides all his illnesses) Thus Abe is blackmailed into appointing a criminal as DA, one who himself is being blackmailed by Andre, who is out to "get" everyone in Salem because they complained about Stefano & Andre's crimes against them all. Sheesh.

As to Orpheus, for being on the show only about a year, he wreaked a lot of havoc, kidnapping women, having their special heroes come to rescue, etc.

My question is.....and I sure hope there is some "splainin'". Clyde was in prison in Florida, last we heard and saw. Xander was in prison in Salem's state. Which is definitely NOT Florida.

And Orpheus, who was dead.......well, if he survived, then what did he do to get him into prison, and why has there been no notification to the Salem PD (oh, wait, Salem PD...I get it. They were notified, no one has read it yet, in all these years...yep!)

So how did they all end up in same prison.

Okay I looked at the video again because I'm interested and a 3rd or 4th look helps here's what I gather.

So far the 3 villians Orpheus, Clyde, and Xander are all located either in jail OR the Kiriakis mansion.

Clyde points a gun at Kate in the Kiriakis mansion means: A. Kate couldn't of been invited to Theresa and Brady's wedding. Why? Theresa loathes Kate and Brady isn't a fan. B. The only way Kate would ever have a invite is if its say a double wedding featuring John and Marlena (Kate would get a invite from Marlena, I am sure). More than likely, Kate tries to stall Clyde from going through into the wedding part of the living room. (Why do I see Deimos coming to her aid?)

So yes, I can safely say it seems these 3 villains will invade Theresa and Brady's wedding that is likely a double wedding with John and Marlena. Orpheus gaining his revenge on John and Marlena and Xander getting his revenge on Theresa.

Last edited:
Okay I am way off! The Martin House never really got much of a good look at. I figured Jeanie T was upstairs getting ready in the Kiriakis mansion while Orpheus was holding Eve hostage at gun point downstairs with everyone while Clyde outside with Kate. (Made sense to me) Guess it's a good thing that Marlena and John won't have a ruined wedding like this one will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a little Orpheus. Well, I've seen Stockholm on YouTube and heard Roman (John) say "THE BONDS!" eleven thousand times, but I did see him a few times, on a boat with Hope, and with Marlena a bit. But was he ever on screen with Eve? Or did she come on later?

Back