Departing.... arriving Part 6

I guess if we factor in the fear of cancellation...the clearing makes sense. Watching today's non-episode and it has all the earmarks of a reset, which soaps generally don't do. But when they were renewed, why did they lag in bringing so many back? We may never know.

I trust Ken Corday about as far as I could throw a sumo stadium filled to capacity.

This is getting ridiculous. Why all the hoopla for everyone leaving only for them to return later. I am not a fan of Ava and couldn't care less about Tripp so I'm not excited about either of these returns.

Cannot stand Ava, don't mind Tripp, his last time in town, it was like, let's give Steve this kid with Ava, yada yada, which was interesting for about 5 minutes........the writers then did not know what to do with him after giving Steve another kid.

And frankly, that is something else overdone.......unknown adults showing up belonging to some resident who never knew they existed! Entirely too much of Salem's population (especially Stefano) did not know of the existence of any sort of birth control, still doesn't.

I'm not sure how long she's staying. There's a picture of her in next week's spoilers.

Actually, with Hallmark showing reruns...been seeing a few Days actors in those........i.e. , the actor who played Jeremy (remember, the airplane business), Eric Winter who played Rex Brady, and Victor Webster, who played Nicky Alamain. And of course Jen Lilley, who played Theresa.

I've seen quite a few but not remembering some of the ones you mentioned. Marlena was on Perry Mason the other day.

Days created a Days app to download. Not sure about everything that is on there, but it was a way to get extra content (like interviews with the cast) to see on your phone/tablet/etc.

They created 2 mini storylines. Each storyline had maybe 8-10 mini episodes (the episodes were about 10 minutes long).

The first one was Chad and Abby in Paris (after they reunited following her multiple personality storyline). It was a new beginning for them, along with Thomas and Charlotte (who weren't shown). Chad was extremely busy with DiMera Enterprises and Abby was a little frustrated at how much time he spent at work. One night, Austin Reed showed up at their apartment. He was in town and decided to visit. He talked about his divorce from Carrie and tried to come on to Abby (romantically), but she shut him down. Meanwhile. Chad's secretary in the Paris division of DiMera Enterprises had the hots for him. She drugged his champagne one night and pretended they had sex when he woke up. Abby caught them, but figured out what Juliette (secretary) was up to. Juliette was fired and vowed revenge on Chad and Abby. Meanwhile, at the end, Abby got the call about Jennifer falling from the balcony and they came home.

In the second one, Belle and Chloe were shopping in New York City and stumbled upon a little cafe called Dot.com, like the one the Last Blast kids used to hang out in back in Salem. It was owned by one of the Last Blast students from back in the day. Chloe and Belle decided to round up the Last Blast gang for a reunion at the cafe.

It showed Chloe, Mimi and Philip being murdered. Turns out, Jan Spears had come out of her coma years earlier. She was there and writing a story on her laptop (the murders were just part of her story), but she really did kidnap Shawn-D again and had him held captive in a warehouse. She went to the reunion at the Dot.com cafe, after having a cake delivered, telling them the cake had a bomb in it and she had the trigger. She also pulled a knife on them. Jason or Kevin came late which distracted her, and Philip took the diversion to grab and disarm Jan, who was taken away by the police. Somehow Belle figured out where Shawn-D was and rescued him, but not before telling him he looked sexy all tied up and they had a romp. Chloe and Philip talked and agreed to meet up for a beer the next day.

When these were released on the app, some people uploaded them to YouTube. Kat found them and posted the mini episodes here (they've all since been taken down). Not sure if they can be found on YouTube now. I haven't looked.

Back