How did YOU come up with YOUR user name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name was given to me by my brother, when I would ignore the phone, he would just answer the phone and say "Watching Days" and hang-up, by the way I have another name it's "Watching Hockey" He always said if they were my "real friends" they would'nt be calling me when my shows were on.

My name was given to me by my brother, when I would ignore the phone, he would just answer the phone and say "Watching Days" and hang-up, by the way I have another name it's "Watching Hockey" He always said if they were my "real friends" they would'nt be calling me when my shows were on.

LOL! Brothers, huh?

I was signing up for eBay and needed a user name. I used to do a lot of tolepainting at one time, so Tolepainter. That was taken, so I put the _1 on it and became Tolepainter_1. :D

Simple: samigb is one of my favorite days character and I relate to her in a way. So I used her name Sami and her last two initials from Gene Brady. Hence samigb :)

Hi Im new and Cheeksrbtr is actually short for Cheeks are Better.
I got the nickname Cheeks in Highschool. I was very skinny in HS but very top heavy and I got very upset one day with the boys always talking about my top half. Well a very nice guy came to me touched my face and said dont let it bother you your Cheeks are Better anyway. From that day on He started calling me Cheeks and it stuck. All my friends call me Cheeks to this day. It is my user name for everything and also my E-mail address.

MEL -that's my nickname - short for "MELODY" (which no one can say, always get call "Melanie". GRRRR....) So I just tell everyone to call me Mel. Saves me some irritation. LOL!

66325 is part of my grandmother's telephone number. She was my mentor, my confidant, my best friend - so many people rolled into one wonderful lady. She died when I was six months pregnant and I use her phone number as a way to remember her daily. I miss her!!!!

So...MEL66325

Mel: I love your story. What a great way to remember and Honor your Grandmother.

I've been watching Days since I was 9 and it's my favorite soap plus I was always a bit of a day dreamer in school! I thought that the two fused together sounded good and that's how I came up with my screen name. :smile:

Hi Im new and Cheeksrbtr is actually short for Cheeks are Better.
I got the nickname Cheeks in Highschool. I was very skinny in HS but very top heavy and I got very upset one day with the boys always talking about my top half. Well a very nice guy came to me touched my face and said dont let it bother you your Cheeks are Better anyway. From that day on He started calling me Cheeks and it stuck. All my friends call me Cheeks to this day. .

Great story!! I hope you married that guy! Sounds like he's a keeper.:love:

In 2004 my husband & I started our own chemical business and our biggest seller is...soap...So, when I registered here...I thought soap...opera...GotSoap! Yes, I know... brilliant...Right?! ;-D

just my name... nothing exciting here..... though when I was little my mom used to tell me I was born in a barn and named after a cow named Carla. LOL

My dad told me that I was a Test Tube Baby...of course the first test tube baby was born in 1978....when I was 8, so I knew it wasnt true, but for a while I had a nickname of TTT (test tube Tammy) and I HATED it...every once in awhile my hubby or one of my dads friend will call me that and they get a VERY nasty look and that shuts them up. LOL.

My dad told me that I was a Test Tube Baby...of course the first test tube baby was born in 1978....when I was 8, so I knew it wasnt true, but for a while I had a nickname of TTT (test tube Tammy) and I HATED it...every once in awhile my hubby or one of my dads friend will call me that and they get a VERY nasty look and that shuts them up. LOL.

LOL My dad told me I was a test tube baby too!!

Giving this a bump since we have many new posters and we have not heard how they came up with their user names yet. Everyone please share, we love the stories....even it is something as simple as your user name just being your name....inquiring minds want to know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back