SPOILER !! Week Jan 21

Nooooooo! I hate that rewrite. But I still don't think the drunk was Eric. That doesn't mean that Eric couldn't have somehow pulled a Kayla "hiding" behind a bush (where she was in plain sight). But if they were dealing with a drunk in another room Eric wouldn't have been there to hear. Again I'll say that the drunk that killed Daniel shouldn't be rewarded with his child.

And if it were possible that Eric was able to switch his specimen in Daniel's place that has got to be at the least illegal and/or something that could, would and should cause a not dead after all Nicole to finally cut him out completely by her own choosing. And have Victor get his Kiriakis on and take some real revenge out on Eric not just for ruining Daniel's legacy but for breaking Maggie's heart over Holly not being her grandchild anymore.

Another thing that makes no sense at all is all this time Eric has not shown any indication of this whole fiasco of a possibility. And I don't buy black out drunk with no memory either because we all know that at University Hospital if there's a drunken ex-priest member of the Brady clan causing a ruckus at the hospital it would have been splashed all over the Spectator.

Salem would be better off if we revved up the bus with rew and her flamethrower. The Fireball will be on me.

You're trying to apply logic to a soap opera that can make anything happen with a stroke of the pen.

There is literally no way that Paul can be John's son (from what we saw onscreen) yet here we are. Even Drake Hogestyn (John) said there is absolutely no way Paul could be his son, and we just have to go with it.

So if they ever want to change Holly's paternity to Eric, the comment about the drunk on the day of the procedure is their way to do so.

No different than Sarah being the child of Evan Whyland, then down the road they changed it to say Neil substituted his own sperm at the last minute.

I know. I know. I just think that Eric being Holly's father by him switching specimens is just a step lower than EJ being Johnny's father from rape. Just a step though.

It would not be Eric who switched anything, but accidentally done by staff. Just as happened years ago with Belle & Mimi.

However, don't worry, Sara Beth, I think now that Eric's stunning discovery is that Xander is alive and well in Salem.

Yep.......they always have that "child needs blood/kidney/stem cells, bone marrow" etc. I don't want Holly to be in any sort of illness danger. But perhaps someone notes her blood type would not be what it is if Daniel & Nicole were the parents. ??? Anyway, Nicole will be returning at some point down the road, so who knows what's in store.

For me, I wouldn't mind it if Eric was revealed to be Holly's father. Eric would not abandon or leave Holly to someone else and besides it would make sense to me. Eric would raise Holly and love her dearly, even in the scenes that we have seen between the two of them. I don't event see Eric switching the sperm samples himself as that would be completely out of character, it would not make any sense at all for Eric to do that.

As far as Eric killing Daniel, he was wrong in what he did. Since coming back, Eric has not drank heavily, even after what took place with Nicole. Though if Eric is going to be revealed as Holly's father down the road, it would erase her being related to Parker, since Parker is Daniel's son.

edited to write out text-speak; please remember that many here do not text and have no idea what those abbreviations are supposed to mean - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I could actually see that being correct. And golly, watch JJ marry her so she can stay in the US.

I bet this is exactly what will happen

I really hope the Gabi/Stefan stuff is a red herring. I'd rather see her with JJ. That can be just as controversial.

I'm ready for Eric to be declared Holly's dad. His giving up on her so easily kind of makes me think they will now go in that direction. Also, I'm tired of Sami and Abby being the only people allowed to have kids on this show. Brady, Rafe and Eric have been around for years and nothing. Tate is offscreen so he doesn't count.

There was a day when the harvesting/planting was going on, nurse came in saying sorry for the delay, they had been dealing with a man who was drunk. (something Eric was doing at the time). Many viewers would prefer that Daniel not be the father, that maybe Eric was there donating, and in the ruckus, confusion that day, sperm was switched, mislabeled, something.
I guess the writers can do whatever they want, whether it's believable or not.

At the time Holly was conceived, Eric was drinking very heavily. A nurse commented to the women that she was sorry for the delay, they were dealing with a drunk.

As noted before, many believe it is possible Eric was there, at the time, donating sperm, drunk, and POSSIBLY the samples got mixed up.

(There are those who donate sperm/blood because they are paid!!! )

Maybe the secret is Melinda knowingly harbored an illegal, and she was a prosecuting attorney. The thing is, Haley supposedly attempted suicide because she did something, something that could have (or did ) cause a problem for Melinda. When they were arguing, Haley did say to her "that is why I tried to commit suicide". But Melinda was just, "keep your mouth shut, you have to move out".

However, It does appear that Haley's big secret is being illegal immigrant.
Another thought re: Holly's father. If it isn't Daniel, wouldn't that make Nicole go into a tailspin?

Maybe, maybe not. IF it was Eric, then she'd be able to raise Holly with her father. But this is all just speculation on our part for something that "could" happen one day down the road.

Right now, as Barb noted, Eric's shock is finding out Xander is alive.

If I were a child or teen growing up I would hate the thought of my father's killer raising me.
Yes, even if it was an accident. Bottom line is Eric chose to drive drunk. Daniel didn't chose to lose his life and his future with his daughter/family.

If I were a child or teen growing up I would hate the thought of my father's killer raising me.
Yes, even if it was an accident. Bottom line is Eric chose to drive drunk. Daniel didn't chose to lose his life and his future with his daughter/family.

Amen and amen. I am so sick of so many people excusing Eric saying it was just an accident. It was choice! Eric made the choice to drive drunk, after several people, including Nicole tried to dissuade him, so no accident as far as I'm concerned.

I guess perhaps Eric should just give up trying to live a decent life and atone for his past, better all around if he should just maybe kill himself instead. That would make viewers happy, he would be dead, like Daniel.
I do agree that Eric chose to drive, despite knowing he should not, having had too much to drink. I do not believe he "chose" to crash into the other car.
However, since he apparently deserves no mercy, perhaps it is better he end his own life. :sarcasm:

I don't get. Other characters are excused by viewers for all sorts of horrible things they do, yet some can't let go of what Eric did. Eric has always been remorseful and horrified by his causing the car accident that killed Daniel. If Nicole could forgive him, why can't viewers?

Maybe people are taking their dislike/hatred of a real person who was driving under the influence, and projecting it onto the fictional character?

It's not that what he did is unforgivable, it's not. The fact that he hasn't had a drink in all of this time and he did pay for his criminal act (unlike many others), and had a real problem forgiving himself are all points in his favor.

His sourpuss and judgmental attitude toward others, and his inability to forgive as he has been forgiven, irk me to no end. Character flaws written, so who's to blame, the writers? I only know that he's been written this way through several head writers.

I'm only pointing out that the people who so easily excuse him, (Sarah for one, but many, many fans as well), say it was only an accident as if he hit a mailbox or something.

I like how Eric has been written lately. The priest theme could only last so long. He was bound to revert back to his old self. Sami isn’t around right now, so Eric has taken her place as someone longing for forgiveness from everyone, but can’t forgive anyone. What Eric did was wrong, but I don’t get how that should stop him from being written as Holly’s dad, unless the writers are planning on SORASing Holly this year or next year for the “you killed my dad” storyline.” There have been some awful unbelievable paternity storylines this decade. This one would be slightly believable. Also, if Holly is a Brady, that means no ties to Maggie’s egg family. I find them all unbearable.

Back