SPOILER !! week Oct 23

Off topic of Days, some facts regarding Graceland. It's surrounded by a wall not a fence and is gated in front. Elvis did not build Graceland, it was previously a church he purchased and converted into his home. It is located on a main street, and has always been this way, changing over the years after his death, adding many things related to him.

His Lisa Marie plane is not a small plane, but a Convair 880 Jet, close to the size of a Boeing 707. It was added as an attraction in 1984 and very popular with fans.

I'm a huge Elvis fan and have visited several times, well worth the money. Although it is located on a main street (aka Elvis Presley Blvd), I find it refreshing that the biggest entertainer of all time chose his home in a part of Memphis with humble surroundings rather than living in the rich part of Memphis. Maybe it's because it was and is such a beautiful place because once you enter the gates it's like stepping into another world.

Thanks for the referral of that book. I've read just about everything on him, but did not know about this book.

While I'm looking forward to the storyline taking them to Memphis in search of Will, I'm not looking forward to an Elvis wannabe. I'm no fan of Elvis impersonators. I just hope this don't turn into a silly storyline.

I agree about the Elvis impersonator, though it probably would be more palatable to me if it is intended to be silly or funny. I can't bear watching the performers who really try to copy him and are somehow taken seriously.

I know Sami couldn't change clothes in jail but I'm hoping she will as soon as she gets out. It seems like she's been wearing that for a long time (probably not long in Salem time though) and it reminds me of a joker from a deck of cards.

Back