SPOILER !! Week September 23

The possibility of Kristen being pregnant, well, did the writers forget Kristen was diagnosed with a medical condition back around 1995 that left her with a short amount of time to get pregnant?
No, they're ignoring it, because it's inconvenient for their terrible plot. In fact, that "medical condition" (just like Gabi's) is itself an overused plot device to make a female character act irrationally. Oy with this show...

Well, they seem to be trying to speed things up, as suddenly there are scenes we SHOULD have seen, and haven't. or they were very short. Instead we get a sort of explanation. For instance, Jen is cleaning up the trashed lab...turns and sees someone, and next.....she is tied up in a chair in a motel. Wonder how she got there??

Kayla suddenly figures out Dr. Shah is the culprit, only because he got very angry at the lab assigned to him a couple months ago, by Kayla, was suddenly given to someone else, not even on staff, by Kayla, and without talking to Dr. Shah about it at all. & this is told in flashback. Eli & Lani have come and gone, searching DiMansion, but not finding those scrubs? Which Stefan found so easily? Sigghhh. So, o.k. don't mind it all, as the storylines have left a lot to be desired. LOL. Was great to see father & son working together (Jack & JJ)

I've been wondering if they are going to try to redeem Kristen. Even if they do, I think the sight of her and Brady together would still make me sick.
The writers could make Kristen the Mother Teresa of Salem and she wouldn't be redeemed. This one is irretrievably barf-worthy.

At least it isn't a stolen baby from another person...... I guess.... otherwise this is vomit inducing writing....
Not only is all the Kristen nonsense, it's so been-there-done-that: lusting for Brady, kidnapping people, planning revenge, and baby-snatching. If the writers have to have the repulsive Kristen back in Salem, why can't they have her do something different?
  • Have an affair with Dr. Rolf, Dr. Shah, or Dr. Chyka (Oooh Wilhelm, you're twice the man childish Brady is.");
  • Start pulling off bank and armored car robberies while wearing her Nicole mask;
  • Opening up her own DiMera-themed gourmet restaurant in an attempt to put Doug's Place out of business;
  • Reopening Quinn Hudson's old day spa where Salem women can keep off the weight by "sweatin' with Kristen";
  • Become the local crackpot who stands in the Town Square dressed in a burlap sack, while holding up a sign saying: "Repent, the end is near."

I think this is the worse writing in the 30 years I have watched this show. What are the ratings lately? I can only imagine that they are at an all time low.
They've gained 200,000 viewers because of the "amazing writing" according to this link. They're up in total viewers to #3, but still low in the key demo (of which you & I are not a part).

That said, the ratings are never compared using any sort of math other than addition and subtraction. For awhile, Days was holding its own even when viewers were down because it was losing less than other shows. It also doesn't take into account seasonal variation. Someday (perhaps during my next vacation), I'll complete my ratings spreadsheet that accounts for these factors.

I'm with you OC. Tired, disgusted, bored to tears, fed up. Not only with Kristen, but with most of the ridiculous storylines going on right now. I just want to see Jack get his memory back, and frankly, nothing else. Nicole, my favorite character, is being ruined by sourpuss Eric and whiny/promiscuous/stupid Sarah.

Become the local crackpot who stands in the Town Square dressed in a burlap sack, while holding up a sign saying: "Repent, the end is near."
That made me laugh so hard Dr Baker!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In soapland, that doesn't matter. Philip regrew a leg; Johnny's fake eye was never mentioned again; Jennifer and Brady have perfectly smooth chests after heart transplants, no one ever mentioned Claire taking anti-rejection meds for the liver she received from Zack, etc.

And you haven't mentioned all the "returns from the dead" miracle of Dr. Rolf.
:wink:

It's ridiculous that she's saying it's Eric's baby when in "Salem time", they only had sex a few days ago. But she was regularly having sex with clueless Rexy prior to that.
I would love it to turn out that the baby is Xander's. It would make a lot more sense, and Sarah with Xander is almost palatable.

Back