SPOILER !! Week Dec 24

Soap Opera Digest cover says Gabi is finally busted but inside it's just her catching Julie, then Julie takes a tumble and is unable to spill the beans. Please let it end. It also says Chad moves in with Gabi!! I for one hope Abigail and Chad do not reunite! I don't care if they do have 2 kids. The things he did are just unforgivable. Especially if he does move in with Gabi!!

I can just hear Justin's speech for giving Eric custody, "your honor, Eric should get Holly because Nicole was the love of his life and he still loved her... Um er, well I mean he loved Nicole, except for the time he was in love with Jen asked her to marry him, and well now he probably loves Sarah, but your honor, he loved Nicole"

Spoilers from https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers/
Leo makes a spectacle of himself at the holiday children’s party at the hospital.
Chad reels after finding out he is Charlotte’s father.
Gabi fears for her life as she finds herself at Stefan's mercy.
Surprise return! Jack is alive

Days better not have Leo do anything to interfere with the reading of the Christmas Story or Santa's appearance.

Sorry Chad, I no longer have any sympathy for you in this matter.

Gabi will be reaping what she sowed. Ditto on having no sympathy for her, either.

Finally! It seems like we've been waiting for ages since his return was first leaked. Days will probably do something stupid like have him walk in on Jennifer while she's on a date.

Once again, I will go on a limb against the flow regarding Chad and Abigail. I do think with the exception of ripping her newborn out of her arms, he deserves some slack. He has been put upon by Jennifer and others that the only hope for Abigail was to get her into the hospital for help. Abby had the whole multiple personality issues but he has lying, conniving, Gabi Hernandez feeding him garbage with the hint of a tear and concern for Abigail. He did not see the Gabi we all saw. Just saying. I think there will be a reunion before they ride off into the sunset leaving Stefan with his head to explode.

We, all, could understand some of the transformation of Gabi into super psycho revenge spewing twerp if it had not become this twisted. Every time she folds her arms and gives some high and mighty speech, I just want to punch her in the face. (Something I would never do in real life.) The writers destroyed a once liked character with no hope of return. Say what you want about how unjustly she was sent to prison, was beaten and so on, does not excuse most of what she has done.

How is it possible or yet plausible to scare the queen of manipulation, Kate Roberts, into submission? The Kate I have watched would say, "Go ahead, put me out there to dry if I out your plan. I have conned many before you and will do so with many after". But for Kate to just take it, is beyond the scope of Kate through the years. She has been through a heck of a lot as well and could give Gabi lessons in revenge and even Kate is telling her to stop.

I don't know how long this revenge has been going on (in real time, viewer time) but it had an expiration date of months ago. If this garbage was in my refrigerator, it would have been disposed of by now.

[Chad] did not see the Gabi we all saw.
It's true that Chad was influenced by Jennifer, Gabi and others but HE chose to believe them over his wife whom he claims to love. He mouths the word "love" but his actions prove the opposite. If he loves Abigail, he should trust her. He doesn't.

Say what you want about how unjustly [Gabi] was sent to prison, was beaten and so on, does not excuse most of what she has done.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

How is it possible or yet plausible to scare the queen of manipulation, Kate Roberts, into submission?
Bad writing,

The only person with doubts has been JJ, but since Gabi saved him from committing suicide, he cannot accept she would be doing anything harmful to Abby.
The thing Gabi talks about is her daughter, being separated, not returning quickly (that was Sonny's fault as he kept telling Arianna "soon". So she stays at Kmansion, in order to be close to her daughter and get her back to their previous lives, but it seems she is never there, doesn't spend any time with Ari, too busy revenging on Abby. Sigghhh.

Agreed Poirot! If Gabi spent half as much time with her daughter as she does running around causing havoc, her daughter would be just fine. Supposedly, Gabi has her own business but she is never seen working. She may have files or such for Stefan, but she is never in her office doing actual work. If she worked as hard at Gabi Chic as she does on her wacky revenge plots, Gabi Chic would be a Fortune 500 company in no time!

I still believe Chad chose to believe the worst regarding Abigail's mental state because the writers chose ridiculously to say the alternate personalities were gone so quickly. That made no sense. Also, her being treated by her grandmother offscreen did nothing to make her spontaneous healing any more believable.

One minute the writers are dragging a story ad infinitum and something that would have normally taken longer, like a mental health condition, they figuratively brush under the carpet and call it a day. Not buying that Chad should have believed her. Just my opinion.

I wondered if Abby being treated by her grandmother was just a bit unethical. I wouldn't want a family member treating me for something that serious because I'm not sure they could be objective about it. At the very least, Laura could have found a doctor she trusted and who was an expert in Abby's condition and let that professional treat her. It might be perfectly ethical but not very smart. That's just my opinion!

The thing is, Abby's previous mental condition was being treated with Medication that was not the right one. That is why she went with her grandmother, who got her the right kind of med, which helped get her back to more or less "normal". The recent stay with gramma did seem a bit ridiculous, as Abby was suffering a different sort of mental breakdown. However, at least Laura was very familiar with what Abby had been through, and Abby trusted her.
With Chad now, this is a different story entirely. O.K. he did not catch on first time on the DID, but he was around when she exhibited the behaviors, hairstyle changes, etc. But currently, he has seen absolutely NOTHING of any of it, only has Gabi's stories, comments, etc. And the one, and only one, that Kate came up with, but no one saw. Not a single other person saw it, including Stefan, not Jen, JJ, Julie, Doug, Stefan, the servants, Chad, Eric, Maggie, NO ONE! Just the tales from Gabi. When Abby protested, talked of being drugged, etc. no one thought for ...wait a second now. And thus Abby played right into Gabi's hands, divorcing Chad, marrying Stefan. Foolish, for sure.
But she was desperate to stay out of Bayview. Her only hope was Marlena, who was recovering and unable to see her. And then Chad further betrayed her, swapping the baby Stefan thinks is his for Stefan's promise to commit Abby. Horrible story, horrible sequence of events, what surprises me is there ARE docs at Bayview. So how come they could not verify she was fine?

I remember Laura having DID way back when and that is why Jenn called her for help. It seems like it would take a lot longer to integrate all her personalities than it did, but Soap Opera time is different than real time. Chad is the one person who should have believed her and fought for her. It looks like this story line will be wrapped up fairly quickly so we can move on to the next chapter.

I remember Laura having DID way back when and that is why Jenn called her for help.
No, Laura never suffered DID. She had a mental breakdown and became catatonic. Her own mother was a paranoid schizophrenic who eventually committed suicide. As a teen, Jennifer was terrified of suffering some sort of mental illness like her mother and grandmother.

The only other characters on Days who had DID were (in order) Trish (Scotty Banning's mother), Jessica (Marie's daughter) and Kimberly Brady.

The thing Gabi talks about is her daughter, being separated, not returning quickly (that was Sonny's fault as he kept telling Arianna "soon". So she stays at Kmansion, in order to be close to her daughter and get her back to their previous lives, but it seems she is never there, doesn't spend any time with Ari, too busy revenging on Abby. Sigghhh.

I think we are supposed to believe that all of the mothers of small children are spending every off-screen moment with their children lol.

Thanks, Just Samantha! I knew Laura had some issues but I couldn't remember exactly what they were. I guess I was thinking of Kimberly and her DID. I have watched Days since the beginning and I can remember bits and pieces but I can't always connect them. It does seem to me that DID and amnesia are used quite often and it can be hard to keep up with who has what.

Kate going along with Gabi has never made any sense to me. She should have been able to take her down a few notches early on in this game.

Yes, Gabi is staying at KMansion to be near her daughter but why is her daughter staying there anyway? Because of Sonny? How about staying with either of her birth parents, Will or Gabi? So neither one of them has been very stable or rooted lately but Sonny has pretty much been off the rails too. It just seems odd to me that Sonny seems to be viewed at her main parent.

I still don't understand why anybody would have put Abigail in Bayview. Wasn't that the place that was not giving her the correct medication before? If so, it doesn't seem surprising that nobody there has tried to make a diagnosis this time around. Doesn't sound like a good place but hey, they did cure Ben, right?

I think Sonny had Ari at the K-Mansion when Gabi was in prison and Will still had amnesia and was also living in that one room apartment in Martin House. When Gabi got out of prison, Ari was angry at her for staying away too long and wanted to stay with Sonny. Sonny invited Gabi to stay there so she could be with Ari. Why they are still there is baffling since Ari has forgiven her.

Chad is the one person who should have believed her and fought for her.

This is why I don't buy Chad and Abby's love story any more. The writers tried to push them as a supercouple, but Chad's recent treatment of Abby has destroyed any belief I had in them as a couple in love. If she takes him back, I hope Abby makes him grovel before accepting him back.

Back